Friday, 1 June 2012

FIRST ATTEMPT AT  BOOK                         COVER 

I started with a basic blank book base which i dabbed with Dusty concord and Victorian velvet Distress inks.  Then using clear ink i added a couple of butterflies and while wet gave then a light dusting of pink micro powder. I then stamped the tree using the dusty cord ink .
 With my embossing pen i added a variety of other micro powders to give the tree some light catching effects.  The wording "NOTES" was stamped and heat embossed on separate paper cut out and glued to the book.
 I then covered the parts of the book with clear ink , making sure that i used my old ink pad as it will pick up some of the micro powders . Then embossed with clear embossing powder.
 Once dry i stamped the wording then finished by coating it all with varnish . Now i have experimented with this i'm sure i will be doing more . I also made a gift bag to match.


  1. This is superb, i bet you enjoyed making it x

  2. a brilliant piece of art, never mind book cover, all the hard work and details really show through x